Legislative Affairs Home and Breaking News
The Legislative and Political Affairs Department is our “bullhorn” on Capitol Hill- serving to inform and lobby our lawmakers on issues and legislation of vital importance to NAPS and the Postal Service. The Department’s purpose is to build relationships between NAPS and members of the United States Senate and House of Representatives. These relationships are built through regular ongoing dialogues between department staff and lawmakers and their staff and through rigorous financial support courtesy of the Supervisor’s Political Action Committee. This homepage will serve as the hub where you can find all the information you need to be an effective advocate on all Postal issues.
How Do I?
- Contribute to SPAC? Click Here
- Take action on legislation? Click Here
- Learn more about the LTS? Click Here
Hot Button Topics-NAPS MSPB Legislation
NAPS has been working with Senator Mark Pryor of Arkansas and Congressman Gerry Connolly of Virginia to introduce legisation that expands MSPB protections to all EAS employees. However, in order for this legislation to become law, we need YOU to take action. Take two minutes and send a message to your Senator and Member of Congress:
- To take action on the House MSPB Bill, click here.
- To take action on the Senate MSPB Bill, click here.
- June 14, 2013Issa issues draft of Postal Reform proposal
- May 17, 2013NAPS Leg/Reg Update- Agreement Could Set the Stage for Congressional Action on Postal Reform
- May 07, 2013Are Federal and Postal Employees Taken For Granted?
- May 06, 2013It’s Only Fair ... Tell Congress to Pass the Postal MSPB Appeal Rights Bill!
- April 23, 2013NAPS Member Survey Reflects Rising Job Anxiety, Frustration with Congress