Legislative Affairs Home and Breaking News
The Legislative and Political Affairs Department is our “bullhorn” on Capitol Hill- serving to inform and lobby our lawmakers on issues and legislation of vital importance to NAPS and the Postal Service. The Department’s purpose is to build relationships between NAPS and members of the United States Senate and House of Representatives. These relationships are built through regular ongoing dialogues between department staff and lawmakers and their staff and through rigorous financial support courtesy of the Supervisor’s Political Action Committee. This homepage will serve as the hub where you can find all the information you need to be an effective advocate on all Postal issues.
How Do I?
- Contribute to SPAC? Click Here
- Take action on legislation? Click Here
- Learn more about the LTS? Click Here
- Access the NAPS Legislative Library? Click Here
Hot Button Topics:
Senators Tom Carper and Tom Coburn, chairman and ranking member of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs have released their version of Postal Reform Legislation;
To review S. 1486, "The Postal Reform Act of 2013", click here.
Chairman Darrell Issa and Ranking Member Elijah Cummings have each issued their own vision of Postal Reform that will be debated in the near future on the floor of the House of Represenatives. The NAPS Legislative Team has reviewed each draft and provided analysis:
To review the NAPS' analysis of Chairman Issa's legislation, chick here;
To review the NAPS' analysis of Ranking Member Cummings legislation, click here.
NAPS MSPB Legislation
NAPS has been working with Senator Mark Pryor of Arkansas and Congressman Gerry Connolly of Virginia to introduce legisation that expands MSPB protections to all EAS employees. However, in order for this legislation to become law, we need YOU to take action. Take two minutes and send a message to your Senator and Member of Congress:
- To take action on the House MSPB Bill, click here.
- To take action on the Senate MSPB Bill, click here.
- September 26, 2013Leg/Reg Update- Senate Hearing to Focus on Postal Health Care Benefits
- September 09, 2013NAPS releases analysis of Carper/Coburn Postal Reform Bill
- August 16, 2013NAPS begins effort to educate lawmakers during Town Hall Meetings
- July 31, 2013NAPS signs onto Federal Postal Coalition letter urging rejection of anti-Federal Employee bills
- July 25, 2013House Panel Advances Postal Reform Measure- NAPS Leg/Reg Update - July 24, 2013